Monday, October 27, 2014

Paris

On Saturday night we had a raffle to distribute all the lovely gifts that everyone had brought. I got chocolate for Halloween. It was a lot of fun. I went back to signing postcards. Many others were playing twister or other board games. Before I went to bed I packed as much as I could so that I would be ready to leave by 10:00 so we would have time to drive to Saarbrucken and catch the train to Paris. I tried to say goodbye to many at night and woke up early to have breakfast, find my cards to but in the mail ins and say goodbye to people getting ready to leave. Hanko was looking anxious and it was time to leave so I collected my bag and waved a final goodbye and headed for the car.
I wasn't the best passenger as I fell asleep most of the way. We saw several riot squads of police heading for a nearby Neonazi rally. We ran into construction that reduced lanes down to one each direction but I was on the train platform with 15 minutes to spare. Then Hanko read off the announcement that the train was 25 minutes late. I sent Nicky a message but I failed to notice that the train was going to a different station to the one Nicky was sitting in. Luckily it was only 5 minutes away so I found her and we headed to the apartment.
After getting the keys and finding the place we went out to dinner. A lovely omelette and a glass of wine.
We came back and started the washing machine. After an hour we figured out that it broke. It wouldn't rinse or spin. So we hand wrang them out and hung them on a drying rack.  They were still wet in the morning so we turned on the heater and draped them over. My shirt and underwear were soon dry.

That is all for October 26th

No comments:

Post a Comment