Thursday, October 30, 2014

Paris Open Tennis

Most of you know I love tennis. I never played the game but I have come to understand it and the strategy involved in playing the game.
When I decided to come to Europe this fall I checked and found that the Paris Open was on at Bercy omnisport so I asked Nicky if she wanted to join me and we bought tickets for the second and third round which were played on Wednesday and Thursday. Now you know why I haven't blogged in a couple of days. Thirteen hours of tennis for two days or more than twenty four hours in forty-eight hours. I was in the front row for Milos's second round appearance. Saw Andy Murray twice, Djokovic, Federer, Dmitrov, Kei Nishikori. Six matches each day and it was so exciting. They do the intros like the NBA Basketball games. Flashing lights, loud music, graphics on the floor and walls. Bouncing tennis balls and waving tennis courts. The crowd responds just as loud back. I discovered I can't count backwards in French. As the games play everyone claps and chants between points. "Mon-fils" clap, clap clap or "Nole" clap clap clap. The building rings with encouragement and excitement. I loved it. 
Nicky left today to go back to England. She caught a late Eurostar. She was originally going to stay til Saturday but a friend's husband passed away and the funeral is tomorrow. But I'm a big girl. I got home safely tonight which is the only time I will be home late. I have to do laundry tomorrow - I found a laundromat about a block from here. Then I am off to do some more sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment