Monday, March 14, 2011

New York City

Well I finally remembered my password so I could Blog.

On Saturday we had a great flight to New York. The line ups in Toronto were so long that they pulled me out of line 2 hours before my flight to try and get me through customs and security on time. I flunked the scan because of my money belt, but they let me into the country anyway.

Found the corner store has Smithwicks Irish beer so that is what I have been drinking. We wandered around Sunday looking for markets. Didn't find anything decent until afternoon.  The Chelsea Market was really nice and we found a flea market and I put my hand in to a bowl of jade items and pulled out a rooster.  How weird!

Visited the 911-museum Workshop - quite emotional. very small but packed with pictures and memorabilia. All day I kept looking at a small map and making Colleen and Peggy walk miles to the next place. I wore them out. We went to Filene's Basement and walked up to the Flatiron Building.

We were looking for a place to eat and found a place across from the Museum of Sex. It said it was healthy Ffod - Naturally Tasty was the name of the restaurant.  It had Healthy Hamburgers, Beer and we could have had Healthy Fries if we wanted them. I get the idea that they thought all food was healthy.

Today we went to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and the 911 actual Site - which looks like any construction site now. We found the best view - not from the walkway but from the second floor of the World Financial Centre across the road. We froze on the boat going to the Statue and Peggy told off a crew making a Panasonic commercial because they made us move from the seats we picked and by then there weren't anymore seats inside. Liberty Island was not windy at all and we got some nice pictures of both the statue and the Orange County Chopper.

It was a good day!  Can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment